Historic Footprints Project
The Vicksburg Historical Society’s new project, Historic Footprints, is identifying local buildings and sites of historic significance, then marking each with a bronzed plaque outlining its role in the community. A plaque describing the history of each is mounted on the building or other structure to mark the location.
If you are interested in donating funds to support a specific plaque, or the project in general, please let us know below!
Our goal is to have plaques in place by the end of 2019.
All the other plaques are looking for sponsors at $700 each, with the exception of the GR&I/C> Depot & Historic Village which is $2,500.
- McElvain Hotel
- Smalley Building Block (Old Firehouse)
- “Old El” 1906
- Prudential Nursery 1898
- Raynor-Kimble Building (Vix first Store- Boer's)
- United Methodist Church 1870
- John Long's Drug Store 1875 (Hill's Pharmacy)
- Stofflet Block (Oswalt Park)
- Joy Building
- Hill's Grocery
- GAR Cemetery Monument 1872
- Oman Block
- Former Rawlinson Building
- EUB Church 1887
- Congregational Church 1882
- St. Edward's Catholic Church 1906
- First Hospital 1887/Franklin Hospital
- Lee Paper Company 1904
- Godshalk Ice House
- Governor Works 1899
- Power Plant
- Fanny Bair Library
- GR&I/C> Depot and Historic Village
- Opera House
Once you have completed the contact form, please proceed to the PayPal Donate below.
Please donate through our secure PayPal account. You do not have to have a PayPal account to use this service. You will have an option to pay using your credit card.